Let’s explore strategic technology driven innovation and execution together.
From Creative Operations, Streaming Application Project Management or Global Product Development, I’ve got you.
Hi. My name is Sylvia Guillen. I am an experienced Creative Director, Project Manager, Social Media Strategist, Copy Editor, Keyword Writer, UX/UI Designer, Graphic Designer and Digital Marketer. I create content, curate and manage vendors as needed.
I target potential audiences using algorithms, trending hash tag activity, and dense keywords through whichever social platform is most effective for the goal of the project.
I am centrally located in the suburban Los Angeles area. I have a fully functional home based studio, and equipment for travel on-set location projects. I currently am considering full time opportunities with competitive benefits packages or long term contract work.
I’m familiar with multiple social platform scheduling software such as Sprout Social, Hootesuite, Latergram as well as google analytics and Facebook power editor utilizing tracking pixels to track and assess conversions and outcomes. I am familiar with WordPress and various print media platforms including Adobe Creative Suite to create print, presentation or web based visual graphics. Project Management proficiencies in Workfront, Asana, Basecamp, Wrike, Jira.
Scroll down for a full list of software proficiencies.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask, I can provide additional samples, referrals or recommendations upon request.
Warner Bros. January 2018 – Present
Creative Project Manager | Global Themed Entertainment, Product Development Toys, Character Art.
- Simultaneously support a variety of projects across multiple entertainment channels & technologies.
- Created and maintain process workflow documents to support business plans and production schedules.
- Propose continuous process improvements to promote efficiency across teams.
- Develop, maintain, and manage detailed project plans as needed.
- Oversee team capacity and allocate team resources to best reach projected milestone dates.
- Interact with brand assurance teams, Ops, and Product Managers to ensure products meet quality standards.
- Actively monitor project risks and scope creep to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance.
- Manage project status and information in the form of project reports & formal briefings.
- Manage project schedules, meeting agendas, and documentation around product development, character art, games, global theme park creative.
- Manage the timelines and budgets for the seasonal style guide development and retail pitches.
- Liaise with the Franchise, Sales, Category teams to obtain job starts and creative briefs for all projects to be kicked off with the Creative/Product & Development teams.
- Negotiate timelines and budgets with all parties and keep stakeholders updated on any delivery changes.
- Manages the timelines and budgets for the seasonal style guide development including character art, design, and retail pitches.
- Route all style guides and artwork to third party content partners when needed for approval with the Creative Director assigned to the project and Character Art Director.
- Manage the timeline and gathering of assets for the bi-annual licensee rollout presentation and video.
- Input all job starts and creative briefs into the weekly status sheet and project management and manage the weekly creative status meeting with all Directors to ensure timelines are being met.
- Communicate to key stakeholders and senior management should any timelines need to be changed due to scope of work changing.
- Manage the project tracker, assigning tasks to be completed for the week to support the creative development process and projects in development with Creative and Product Development.
Systems Integration: Created a department wide tracking and approval system, implementing cloud based collaborative management. Initiate project management customization and integration to provide user friendly processes.
Emerson Knives, Inc., 2015 – 2017
Digital Creative Marketing Specialist
• Assisted in evaluation of potential new digital vendors.
• Created daily, weekly, and seasonal reports on web, email communications and blog analytics.
• Developed accurate monthly forecasts of lead volume and costs to align with the rest of the team and assist in overall strategy development.
• Developed and maintained strong electronic media presence.
• Documented best practices and identified opportunities based on web analytics.
• Ensured that website content is accurate and up to date.
• Formatted and published new content.
• Identified opportunities to improve internal processes / procedures / programs when possible.
• Managed relationships with external vendors.
• Performed on-going creative testing to maximize performance and implement results across marketing channels such as affiliate, e-mail, and marketing.
• Provided overall management and maintenance of the firm’s website.
• Provided support for social media coordinator and marketing initiatives.
• Researched current online marketing concepts, strategy and best practices.
• Stayed current with industry trends to maintain and update website and marketing content for competitive edge.
• Supported blogs by ensuring consistency from a technical standpoint.
• Supported other marketing projects and initiatives as required.
• Utilized available outlets (including video and social media channels) and identified new resources and opportunities for improvement.
• Utilized company technology and resources to streamline work and maintain high levels of accuracy.
• Utilized reporting to set and reached performance goals.
• Worked in a fiscally responsible manner tailored to seasonal and quarterly budgets.
• Worked on multiple projects and prioritize projects based on deadlines.
• Worked on projects as assigned.
FM Inc. 2001 – Present
Art Director/Creative Lead
• Develop and execute a consistent artistic approach and style for the overall visual aspects of website, social feeds, emails, advertising campaigns and marketing print collateral.
• Strategize how best to represent a concept visually. Partner with copywriters and marketers to develop design solutions.
• Create original graphic content for all marketing channels. Lead execution from inception to completion. Determine which photographs, art, or other design elements to use.
• Commission specialists, such as illustrators, animation artists, photographers, or videographers, for special projects.
• Review and approve designs, artwork, photography, graphics and videos developed by staff members and freelance designers.
• Collaborate with cross functional team (including members of Brand, Content, Marketing, Web Development and Executive teams) in order to deliver highest quality design.
Workfront, Wrike, Asana, Basecamp, Keynote, BOX, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.), Google Drive (Docs, etc.) iMovie, Premiere, Soundforge, Garageband, Final Cut Pro, Quark.
Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Power Editor, Instagram, Pinterest for Business, Hootsuite, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Sprout Social, WordPress, Woocommerce Youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud, AffiliateMarketing, Twitter Analytics, Rebranding, Retargeting Campaigns, Google Adwords, Freemiums (organic Creation + Cultivation), Branded promotional materials (CafePress, Spreadshirt, etc.) Infusionsoft, Megaphone, Landing Pages, Freshbooks, etc.
B.A., CSU, Northridge, Sociology with an emphasis minor in Criminology
CSU, Long Beach, studied in the school of Speech Pathology and Audiology